[TR] Not good with electrical

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Wed Aug 26 07:10:14 MDT 2009

---- Chip19474 at aol.com wrote:

> So, before you get too far along in your diagnosis, try turning the lights
> on first!

If it's a purple wire, it should work any time.  If it's a red wire, it should only work when the parking lights are illuminated.

And for the record, if the trunk light switch or wire were to fail so the trunk light was switched on all the time, I'd rather it be on only with the parking lights.  In the daytime, you don't' need a light; and if one of the lights on my car is going to kill the battery, I'd prefer it to be a light in a place I'm likely to see rather than one hidden in the trunk.

Jeff
Athens