[TR] signals don't work

Jeremiah Curry jeremiah at curryclan.net
Tue Aug 25 21:35:58 MDT 2009

I have a TR3 that sat for years and I am trying to get road-legal.  I have
almost everything ready (crossing fingers), but I can't get the signals to
work.  It seems like they did when I started the project a few years ago,
but I'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me a good way to troubleshoot or what would commonly go
wrong?  I am thinking either the blinker relay or switch, since none of the
lights work.  What should I expect at the relay?  I have three wires, a
center and one on each side, but none of them are labeled on the relay and
at this point all wires are grease black.

Best way to check continuity along the wires?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have the front lights wired up yet, because without the rear ones
working and I can't verify which wire at the front corresponds to the
signal.  All the rest of the lights work. Headlights, running lights, brake
lights, etc.

Thanks,

Jeremiah