[TR] Not good with electrical

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:14:06 MDT 2009

It is likely a ground issue.  Red wire on the tester to the wire to the bulb
and black wire on the tester to ground.  If a 72 is like my 69 when you open
the trunk lid the plunger is released near the right side hinge, and a
ground is created and the bulb lights.  I am assuming mine is correct.
Test your holder creating a new ground with the tester.  If it indicates
current and the bulb is known to be good, check out that ground switch.
Cool design BTW.  If the ground fails, and makes a ground with the trunk
closed. your battery has an unfortunate message for you.