[TR] Engine Weight

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 25 15:32:21 MDT 2009

> Does anyone know approx. what the weight is for an assembled TR6 engine
> including crank, pistons/rods, head, cam, rockers, oil pump, oil pan?
> No manifolds, no gearbox..

I have an old message saved from Dan Masters, which gives 460 lbs including
manifolds, carbs, clutch, etc. (but no fluids or gearbox).

Yours will be lighter without manifolds & carbs, so should be no problem
with a 500# winch.  But you might want to double-check that it is rated for
overhead lifting (some will not hold the weight they are rated to pull) and
of course be sure you have something solid to attach it to.

-- Randall