[TR] Change Oil

TR4Zest at gmail.com TR4Zest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:43:28 MDT 2009

If it were me, I'd do the same as Don - after a few hundred miles, change
the oil. I'd also install a magnetic plug if there isn't one there already
- it might cost you a pint of oil to get it in, but worth seeing what metal
is in the oil. I'd replace the flexible brake lines and all the seals in
the hydraulics if you haven't already.
Check the carbs for leaks too, when running (under pressure from the fuel
pump). Those many seals have been dry for so long, they may have suffered.
A TRF carb rebuild kit will address any concerns.

The workshop manual has 6k, 12k services you should probably work your way
through too.

Good luck,

Brian