[TR] TR4A exhaust to TR4

carlsereda carlsereda at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 09:15:10 MDT 2009

Hi Earl,
Moss sells a version of the so-called Y PIPE in 2 pieces as apposed to
the original 1-piece design. I think this may better suite your
situation in getting around through tight spaces by allowing another
point where you can turn/adjust the connector pipe (which was
previously welded to the Y collector). The original 1-piece Y PIPE was
for a TR4A frame and the TR4 frame is quite different, plus your added
variable of a different tranny could make for a trickier path. A few
years back only MossUK sold the 2-piece Y PIPE but now I believe you
can get it from MossUS. The TR4A improved exhaust manifold was
actually the second half of the improved TR breathing system. The
first half was the late TR4 intake manifold. There is no fitting
problems using a 'late' TR4 intake with the TR4A exhaust manifold. And
together was said to be worth 4 horsepower.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74