[TR] TR6 Radiator Hose Choices

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 10:25:18 MDT 2009

I just recently replaced my green hoses on the TR6.  They were put on  new
in 2002 as part of my restoration.  We used them because I thought it  would
be nice to try to keep some level of originality even though my engine is
modified and very obviously not stock!

I replaced the hoses with stock black hoses from Moss because the green
hoses cracked badly and swelled up like sausages.  When I worked at a  local
shop a few years back, we used many, many black hoses from Moss and never
had a customer complaint.  However, I have seen a few cars fitted with  green
hoses very recently and the texture and feel of these green hoses seems to
be more compliant.....it could be that today's new green hoses are produced
with different (and better??) materials....maybe other fokks can give their
 feedback on the newer green hoses.

To answer your question, the black Moss hoses work well, last well, and fit
 well.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 8/22/2009 3:31:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,