[TR] Reality check

Herald948 at aol.com Herald948 at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 18:34:18 MDT 2009

Bob writes:

Here in  NY state, cars older than 1995 do not have to pass smog
inspections.
Could  that change? I dont think so. The current emissions test is
performed by
computer, not a sensor on the tail pipe. Cars older than 95 dont have the
ability.

==AM==
Not that it's all that pertinent to the discussion, but the cutoff year in
New York is 1996 and newer, not 1995. I verified that again this morning as
I  had my '95 Mercury Mystique inspected. One of the mechanics at the shop
commented on the rough running and how it could be a problem for the
inspection (bad spark plug or lead, I think, and a tiny exhaust leak -- and  I'll
get to all that RealSoonNow), but another reminded the first that the car
was a '95, so no smog.

[ Whew! :-) ]

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)