[TR] Reality check

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:06:32 MDT 2009

I remember long ago when I had to get my TR4A smogged and certified.  I took
it to a mechanic that knew these cars.  He'd fiddle with it and it would
pass.  I also remember him telling me that the car passed smog inspection but
was probably one of the dirtiest cars on the road.  I suspect CA, TR owners
have the most to worry about regarding "progressive" legislation.  We CAs love
to be on the "cutting edge"....I can't help but wonder, too, that there are
many old car enthusiasts across car lines.  When or if push comes to shove, TR
folks could align themselves with Chevrolet, Ford, etc enthusiasts to help
block unwelcome legislation.  I wonder how many old car enthusiasts are out
there, especially in CA?  Also, it would be interesting to know how many
legislators/politicians have vintage cars.