[TR] Block wedges

Wayne rengrave at verizon.net
Wed Aug 19 08:10:21 MDT 2009

That is what I did yesterday, I made my own oak wedges, used black Permatex
Ultra Black Hi-temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker. Smeared it on wood and paper
gaskets. It look like it will be ok.
The wood I used was dry and hopefully won't shrink because I coated it with
the sealer.

Next step is installing the front plate.
Thinking of using the yellow 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive on the
block side of the front plate gasket,
or should I just keep using the black RTV? The yellow 3M is good as keeping a
gasket in place, but the front plate
gasket has two locator pins so maybe RTV is the one to use.  Thoughts?

Then I can install the cam end plate to hold the cam in place.
Flip the engine over and install the new pistons.....
I am waitning for ne bronze thrust washers which should be in my hands
Friday.
For now I have standard washers installed to keep everything in place.
When I get the new thrust washers and remove the rear main end cap to install
them, I will only be able to
loosen caps #3 & #2, cap #1 is torqued and is now under the aluminum block at
the front of the engine.
I hope this is ok and won't harm the crank. Should I be concerned?

Wayne