[TR] cam idle update

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 17:20:59 MDT 2009

thanks everyone for responses.  I always feel better after getting feedback
with any problem I bring to this place.  I loved the link someone sent that
included exhaust sound from the S2 cam.  Also thanks tony for the links to
tr-6 tuning information.  very helpful.

I just got back from another run in
the car and the problem is getting worse.LOL  It's now missing more at highway
speed which it never did before.  Actually thats good news!  I feel its more
fixable than thinking about changing cam timing or even going back to stock
cam.

With all new spark plug wires, coil, dizzy cap, rotor, points
.................i never did anything to the dizzy.  It's cleaned up but
stock.  I don't understand "curving" a dizzy.  How does curving a dizzy help?
what does it do? and will that help idle?

thanks again!

gary n.