[TR] 62 TR4 in Littleton, Massachusetts

don don at napanet.net
Sun Aug 16 22:57:26 MDT 2009

Well, I didn't look at it personally, but had a TR buddy that lives near
the car check it out for me.  He liked it but, the prep work for the paint
was lousy and he thought maybe the car had been vandalized and beat up, but
not smoothed out prior to painting.  He said that it really needed a new
paint job and proper prep.  He sent me some digital photos of the poor
body/paintwork, and I understand what he was saying.  However, I guess it
would depend on what a nice paint job would cost as to whether the car is
worth buying.  When he looked at it for me, the owner was asking 10k.

Here's his comments:

"The BRG paint color is perfect but the body is full of ripples and
bumps.  My guess is that it would cost at least $5,000 to have everything
fixed and repainted."

If it was closer to home, at 8k, I would probably buy it.  I just retired
so I'll have time to apply some bondo and sand panels smooth in my old age.

Don Scott
Calistoga CA

2001 Miata SE BRG
1962 MGA