[TR] Matte or Flat for TR6 Tail?

Pat Fischer pfischer at rmi.net
Sun Aug 16 16:35:47 MDT 2009

The 6 originally came with a flat-looking black on the tail panel. Can't
tell you if it was called flat or matte. However, this color was sprayed
over the body color. Over the years with exhaust deposits and repeated
washings, often that paint would wear and body color would show through.
Many people repainted either a shinier black or body color paint. The
original paint, with exhaust deposits and the fact that you couldn't wax
it didn't hold up very well.

If you're restoring to absolutely stock, you may not care about this.
Just thought I'd throw some of the practicalities into the ring for your
consideration.

Thanks!
Pat