[TR] rebuilt fuel pumps -TR6

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sun Aug 16 09:30:23 MDT 2009

At 07:16 PM 8/15/2009, Tom Walling & Wendy Rose wrote:
>When that happened to me, I replaced the old mechanical pump with a
>Facet electronic one.  The Facet even came with a blanking plate to
>fit the hole in the block where the old pump lived.  I have
>absolutely no regrets.  The new pump comes on when the key-switched
>circuits come on

Plus, you have the added benefit of a fuel pump that, in the event of
a catastrophic collision, keeps feeding the flames even after the
engine has stopped running.  I'd install one of the many safety
devices available if I were you.

When (I thought) my fuel pump was failing, I installed a Facet in
line with the mechanical pump.  I had a switch to turn it on when I
thought it was needed.  The "click-click-click" was a reminder to
turn it off if I forgot.  If I were to leave it on all the time, I'd
wire it through the oil pressure switch, or get an impact sensor from
a more modern fuel-injected car, or adapt the VW relay system.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354