[TR] mild cam update

jerryvv at roadrunner.com jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 14 13:47:41 MDT 2009

Gary, more to my previous posting. Randall's post and the notes you refer to are for the 4clyinder wet liner engine in a TR3 thruogh TR4A. These same notes may apply to a TR 250 and TR6 but I am not certain of that. Someone else will need to confirm if the 6 cylinder engines also have a cam sprocket that can be flipped and turned 90 degrees to adjust cam timing. Do you have a TR3 or 4 or do you have a TR 6? You are saying that your mechanic is commenting on the amount of vacuum that you have being too low. In my opinion that can also be caused by incorrect cam timing. So.........I go back to my question earlier. Who installed the cam, were there degreeing instructions included and were they followed at cam installation?

JVV