[TR] TR6 black areas, paint , etc Part 2b

Joe Burlein supertr6 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 14 09:48:23 MDT 2009

Last part...

Joe
72 TR6

Cliff:

Here are the following colors I painted after researching each. I will
not be so presumptuous to believe I could be wrong, so see what the
others have to say.

Exhaust Manifold: your supposed to leave cast but I went with Eastwoods
High Temp Stainless Steel to retain the color and stop that God awful rust.

Carb Linkage: leave this as is (cleaned up, of course)

Brake Master Cylinder: The servo unit is a gloss black and the MS
assembly (the front part) is polished as is or silver.

Oil Canister: I replaced mine with the spin on (sorry).

Water pipe intake manifold: engine black

Thermostat housing: engine black

Hope this helps.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3

AND TO CONFUSE THE UNDER-HOOD PAINT EVEN MORE:

dip stick - yellow [plated]
trunk lock - yellow [plated]
lower hood release - silver (although on TR250s may be painted [plated]
wiper motor bracket - silver [plated]

Hope this helps

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
66 Herald
73 Stag
69 Jaguar E-type FHC (basket case)

AND JUST TO CONFUSE THE REAR VALENCE ISSUE SOME MORE:

"Cliff" wrote
I know this has been discussed many times but...
for originality sake,
black areas on a TR6 (except 69) were;
1. Rear Valance - Flat black

Hi, Cliff
Except 1969?
I was sorting through a box of old pix within the last month and found
one of UDU 69 G - the red TR6 London demonstration car to US spec. I
was 'breaking it in' at the time and this car was one of the first
TR6's built. It's very definitely got a matt black rear panel. If I
can find the pic again, I'll scan it and mail it to you.

Jonmac

Steve
What is the front limit to the black on the upper and lower grill
mouth? No black on the hood lip of course but how far forward does the
black come?

Don,
That's difficult to see. Between the grill, the hood and the black moulding
it all gets lost behind something else. I can see that the black satin
paint
doesn't quite go to the top of the grill surround. On the bottom, it
disappears behind the lower moulding.

If this is a critical issue for you, I can pull out the grill, take some
digitals and have it back together in under an hour. It would have to
wait for
the weekend, though. Say the word and the jpgs are yours.

Steve
'72 CCUO