[TR] More TR6 Windshield Questions

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 12 11:30:58 MDT 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 11:03:42 am William Brewer wrote:
>      Are TR6 black windshield frames a special black color or are they just
> plain gloss black? What about the black rear panel between the tail lights?
>      Under the aluminum cap on top of the windscreen there was some
> semi-hard support putty. What do you replace that with? I was thinking
> about plumbers putty (they look about  the same), but maybe there is
> something specific. TIA,
>
>      Bill in Tehachapi
Bill,

I painted mine a sort of flat black using DuPont Satin Black Item: A-5099S

The name on the can is 1K Bumper & Trim Black

Not flat not glossy.

I also plan on using the same paint for behind the grill and on the rear apron
above the bumper.

I got the paint somewhere on the Web.

Got 2 cans for about 7 bucks a can.

Frame came out nice.

Now as far as polishing the glass. I tried this with my TR4 with a kit from
Eastwood and ended up with a totally ruined glass. Replaced it with a new one
from TRF.

Eventhough I had a decent piece for the 6 project, I decided to have new glass
installed as well

Including postage from TRF the cost was about 200$ + 80 for a local company to
install + install the chrome bead.

I would go with new glass. Cost is not that bad and nothing is better on a
sunny day than having a no glare windshield.

Bob