[TR] TR3A gas tank vent pipe question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 10 22:31:24 MDT 2009

> Is there any type of check valve that is supposed to be in the banjo
> fitting
> on the TR3A gas tank vent pipe? Or is there supposed to be something
> inside
> the tank to prevent gas from pouring out on corners?

To the best of my knowledge, no.

> Anyone else have this problem and come up with a
> cure?

My solution was to simply cap off the vent line (or you could remove it and
put a short plain bolt and washer in the hole).  My car had a small vent
hole in the fuel cap (through the inner plate that actually covers the
opening to the tank); but if not, it would be easy enough to add one.

Randall