[TR] My TR Tour, Day 4, at the All Triumph Drive In

jimbpps at cox.net jimbpps at cox.net
Mon Aug 10 18:28:22 MDT 2009

Portland Triumph Owners club has really picked a nice venue! A very large resort complex with a large 2 story hotel, a bunch of condos, 3 restaurants, 2 golf courses, softball fields, and soccer fields where the car show will be held!

Registration was well run with the registration packets well organized and all the regalia displayed,  they also had some ATDI Tee shirts for sale that were not available when the registration was originally designed. They also offered complimentary ice cold bottled water, a choice several snacks of candy and nuts. Good show!

They had a car washing station set up across the driveway from the hotel very near my room! It was busy pretty much all day. I know I spent about 2 1/2 hours cleaning the TR250 and then detailing it. Man-o-man, I couldn't believe how dirty it got driving from Scottsdale to Redmond; it was only 1230 miles! Hopefully, I will only have to do some touch up after we are positioned on the field tomorrow!

They had a Funkhana in the parking lot across from the hotel from 2:00 to 5:00. And a lot of folks took the opportunity to try their driving skill/luck in that venue! I just watched, having made a fool of myself too many times in the past in those types of events!

In the evening there was a welcome bar-b-que dinner in the conference center across the street from the hotel. However due to the low temps and high winds over the last day or so, it was an 'inside barbeque'. Still fun and an opportunity to meet lots of new friends!

Tomorrow the car show!

Jim
Jim Bauder
'68 TR 250; CD47L