[TR] Thrust washers

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 9 12:28:16 MDT 2009

> I kniow this was a popular issue in the past, but I was hoping there was a
> "time proven" winning method for this.

Most people seem to go with the uprated washers from Scott.  However, if I
had a TR6, I would have the cap machined for a second washer.  That is the
way the earlier TR engines were; and they never, ever have thrust washer
problems (while thrust washer problems on the TR6 seem to be fairly common,
even on ordinary, street-driven cars).

I believe MJB has also advocated the same modification for Spitfires.

Randall