[TR] TR3 Door work question

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Fri Aug 7 09:51:47 MDT 2009

Annealing or normalizing after shrinking helps to return the steel to its
original condition, though he didn't mention that.  Remember too that
stamped panels are already work-hardened a bit unless they were normalized
after stamping, which AFAIK is not and was not commonly done.  Some
additional hardness can be a good thing - adding strength and resistance to
dings, etc., though as you point out, too much can be cause problems.