[TR] Rear leaf springs

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:42:05 MDT 2009

Randall wrote:
>> The plastic tape I like is 0.005" thick, comes on a 3 inch wide roll and
>> has 1.5 mils of acrylic adhesive. It can be purchased from McMaster Carr
>> (http://www.mcmaster.com/) and is part number 76445A24 (You can do a
>> part number search on their site to find the tape).
>>

> Thanks for the tip, TeriAnn.  I was planning to use Teflon next time I had
> my springs apart, but I'll get the UHMW PE instead.
>
> Randall

Glad I could be of assistance.  Flabbergasted that I knew something that
you were unaware of.  I've had UHMW strips between the leaf springs of
my 1960 Land Rover for almost 11 years now, through mud, sand and just
about any kind of natural grit you could think of and the plastic is
still in good condition.

TeriAnn