[TR] Lightened ring gear

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Thu Apr 30 21:16:37 MDT 2009

I've got a gentleman interested in a lightened TR-3 / 4 bolt on ring
gear.  The machining cost per ring gear is less if we can do more
than one at a time.  For a single ring gear, the price is $120 (you
supply the ring gear).  If anyone else is interested in having one of
these done, we may be able to get the cost to a more reasonable
level.  Let me know if interested, I'll try to coordinate.  I do get
a SMALL cut from this for my time / efforts, so I can't say NFI...

This modification reduces weight where you can use it the most - at
the outer end of the flywheel.  It is a good addition to a lightened flywheel.

- Tony Drews