[TR] OT - RockAuto.com vs. Partsfactor.com??

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 13:14:05 MDT 2009

> Do any listers have any experience with RockAuto.com vs. Partsfactor.com

I've only dealt with RockAuto ... wasn't particularly pleased with the
experience.  Bought wiper refills that were listed to fit the wife's Toyota;
but in fact they only fit aftermarket wiper blades, not the original blades.
RockAuto agreed to sell me the parts I thought I had ordered, if I would pay
shipping both ways plus a 20% restocking fee.

Buying a cat for my friend's Miata (that I drive sometimes) turned out a
whole lot better ... local muffler shop had the part in stock and installed
it in less than an hour.  Price was quite reasonable, too; although he did
have to raise his estimate after seeing the car.  Apparently the 96 model
takes a different, more expensive cat than he had quoted me.  But the car
passed the smog test with flying colors, so I was happy (as was my friend).
Not bad for a car with 130,000 miles and a JK Jackson blower.

-- Randall