[TR] XK8's?

Ken k_nachman at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 11:28:00 MDT 2009

Bill - I too had problems with long trips in my '57 TR3. The TR3 did fine,
but my body just couldn't take it. I got home from one particular trip from
the TRF Summer Party in 100+ degree heat and was completely wilted! I
decided to sell the TR3 and buy something AIR CONDITIONED that I could drive
to the events that I love to attend. I checked out all sorts of British
cars, and ended up with a 26,000 mile 2000 Jaguar XK8 in Jaguar Racing Green
and a biscuit interior & top. It has been a pleasure to own and drive. It
has needed service for a few minor items, but since I also bought a Jaguar
extended warranty, the local Jaguar dealer has taken care of me for very
little additional cost. These are very complicated vehicles (even compared
with our typical daily drivers) and the extended warranty makes good sense.

I have returned to the Triumph fold and just recently bought a very original
Damson 1969 TR6 with 35,000 miles. Had it out last weekend at its first car
show (Britain on the Green) and it did very well.

Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1969 Triumph TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8