[TR] Master Cylinder help part II - PDWA

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 09:50:07 MDT 2009

> Must check the wiring diagram.  I recall thinking that it seemed a
> curious way to wire something.  Or did I forget that?

Nope, that part is right on the money!

I believe the same US regulation that required the warning light also
required a "bulb test" function.  Triumph chose to implement the bulb test
by wiring the brake light in series with the oil light, so that both would
come on at partial brightness when the oil pressure switch was closed.  This
has the curious side effect of disabling the oil warning light if the PDWA
is activated; and making it only half-bright even when not disabled.

If you find a GT6 wiring diagram that shows the PDWA, I would like to have a
copy.  My early GT6 factory manual mentions the PDWA, but the only wiring
diagrams given do not show it.

-- Randall