[TR] XK8's

Alvin Watkins Krssamw at omh.state.ny.us
Thu Apr 30 05:56:39 MDT 2009

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:02:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>
Subject: [TR] XK8's?
To: Triumphs <triumphs at autox.team.net>

     My beloved TR3 was wearing me out and I decided to modernize a bit, so I
bought a TR6 to complement it. I have toyed with the idea of a Honda S2000,
Miata and BMW Z4, but couldn't bring myself to lower the Union jack. I've
looked at Lotus Elise's, but they are still bring high 20's in SoCal. Looking
on Criagslist I see lots of Jag XK8's for between $8,000 and $14,000. Most
have about 70,000 miles on them. They look tempting. Is something starting to
break on them at about this mileage? I hypothesize that perhaps the first
owners are getting their first repair bills and are dumping the cars. Do any
listers have XK8's and how are they doing?

     Bill

Bill
When I had a chance to purchase another sports car I never dreamed of anything
other than a britsh roadster. I happened to settle on a S2000 and never looked
back. I still lurk on here and I'd still love to have an XK8 but the S2000 is
all that and a bag of chips. And to boot I never had to push it yet!   ;-)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail
in error or from someone who is not authorized to send it to you, you
are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating,
distributing or copying the e-mail.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE
ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank you
 for your cooperation.