[TR] Master Cylinder help part II - PDWA

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 00:23:27 MDT 2009

> Are you sure about what it won't tell you?

Well, I am certain about my 71 Stags.  I have checked both the factory
schematics and the wiring on both cars, and they all agree.  With the wire
disconnected or broken at the PDWA, the brake light comes on with the oil
pressure light; but not when there is no pressure in the rear brakes.

But I only looked at Dan Master's TR6 schematics to see that they worked the
same way (except for 1976 models with the "bulb test" relay); I didn't
actually check a 72 TR6.

> but I'm quite certain I think I
> remember that on the GT6 if I disconnect the PDWA wire
> neither the brake nor the oil pressure light come on at all.

That would be true if the wire were disconnected at the bulb; or the bulb
removed.

> I re-attached the
> wire and both lights started working, with the brake light on
> all the time.

With respect, I think you might be misremembering one detail.  My GT6 manual
specifically mentions that the oil light will not illuminate when the PDWA
is indicating a fault.  Well, actually it says "brake line pressure low",
but I'm reasonably certain they meant pressure different between front and
rear circuits.

Randall