[TR] TR4 Gas Cap Gasket

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 28 13:13:25 MDT 2009

> Does anybody know of a source for the gasket alone? Or a workaround?

Although I have not tried it, I believe an O-ring of suitable dimensions and
material should work.

However, at least a TR3 cap has a deliberate vent hole that is only a
fraction of an inch higher than that gasket, so I'm not sure that replacing
the gasket is going to solve the problem.  Even without the vent hole,
certainly the center post is not fuel-tight.  There is also the issue of the
tank vent, which is lower than the gasket.

So, perhaps the correct solution is to not fill the tank so full.

-- Randall