[TR] SU Fuel Problem

Irv Korey emanteno at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:32:54 MDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Scott Suhring <suhringtr36 at comcast.net>wrote:

> A friend of mine is having problems with his SUs that we just can't figure
> out.  Here is what he is experiencing:
>
> My 1970 TR6 is seeping fuel out of the rear SU float bowl overflow tube.

What kind of floats are in your friend's SU carbs? There have been some
problems with today's gas and the brass floats found in the H series SU's.
The solder on the float fails, the float gets heavy, and gas comes out of
the overflow. I think the HS floats are plastic, and I haven't heard of that
happening with those, but it is worth a look.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL