[TR] TR3 tires 6" rims

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 21:46:54 MDT 2009

----- KingsCreekTrees at aol.com wrote:
> We could go on for hours....but I will say that I am certain I can
> out-brake and out-emergency-manoeuvre a similar sidescreen TR if the
> similar car
> was equipped with standard-sized tyres. That was all I was  interested
> in. On
> a race track, it's debatable.

No it's not, providing that's a dry asphalt race track.

> Going round corners sideways can  be
> quicker;

Not on a dry asphalt race track.

The most important thing is sticky compound.  After that, size of tire patch.  The wider tires are probably ahead on both counts.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier