[TR] TR3 tires 6" rims

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 20:29:00 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/20/2009 6:22:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

One  other comment: I recall reading a few years back, Car & Driver did  a
road test on a restored MGTC (or something like that) with 'correct'  tires
from Coker on it.  One of the things they mentioned was being  able to do a
4-wheel drift, at 15 mph!

Fun if you like that  sort of thing; but not exactly what I'm looking for to
drive.

--  Randall

Randall, one of the best articles I read was years ago when they had two
identical light blue MGA's. One was absolutely original,low mileage, well
maintained always with OEM parts.The other was 100% restored, using all the
latest technology, such as polyurethane bushings etc. they road tested both
cars, the switched drivers, then voted on the best car.(I don't know how
many  drivers),
Hands down, the original one won.
The reason givern was that the factory spends a lot of time determining if
bushings for instance should be
85Shore or 90 Shore hard. The brake pad material is tested, and a specific
type is chosen etc..

Best, Mike Moore,