[TR] TR3 tires 6" rims

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 18:19:52 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/20/2009 5:17:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
KingsCreekTrees writes:

No, I'm not racing anymore, Mike and certainly have never been/won't with
this car. I have a '65 Volvo PV544 that I'm modifiying as a vintage race
car,  mostly to preserve the TR3A.

A couple of years ago, I had an emergency incident (someone coming the
other way pulled across the front of me while making a turn across traffic). I
braked hard in the TR and found the brakes to be much better than the grip
the  skinny tyres could offer. The tyres were in great shape, not old by any
means  and a well-known brand. With the wider tyres, I can emergency brake
and still  maintain control. Better emergency-avoidance characteristics,
too. The  steering's a little heavier, the handling overall's a bit better.

Tim

Very interesting!

Enjoy them
Best, Mike Moore