[TR] Naming the John Macartney visit to various cities

Allan Reich areich at telus.net
Mon Apr 20 15:03:34 MDT 2009

Greetings from Vancouver!

For John's stop here on September 12, we are planning a British Car Show
and Shine event, along with a Barbecue, open to the public.  I am just
in the process of making up about 1000 flyers to advertise the event and
give out at all the British Car events this spring and summer.

I was looking for a name for the event, something cute and/or clever
that would attract some attention ... something about British cars,
charities, ptsd, show and shine, etc

Not that there's anything wrong with  "Triumph Trans-AmeriCan Charity
Drive 2009" but looking for something shorter that people can say like
"are you going to the blah-blah-blah show?

I also want to invite all the British Car clubs in the area, so don't
want "Triumph" in the name.  It will, of course, be mentioned in detail
what John is doing with the whole ride.

I want to challenge the listers to give me their thoughts and get all
the great minds working on it. It would be great if we came up with a
clever short name that everybody could use for their local events.

Something like "All-British Charity Show'n'Shine" (that's what I am
leaning towards right now)

Allan Reich
Vancouver
1960 TR3A  TS65713L(+O)