[TR] John McCartney trip donation.

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 20 06:48:26 MDT 2009

Hi, John

I'd just like to take this opportunity in thanking you for the kind thoughts you expressed to the
Triumphs list. It was a most kind and spontaneous reaction. However, I feel I need to leave no-one
in any doubt that my open email to the lists of a week or so back was in no way a 'back door' route
to asking for or expecting financial assistance.
It was only because another lister had sent me an email saying he had had comments from unidentified
'others' of a negative nature, that he thought it was up to me to make a statement in an attempt to
correct the view and to "tell it how it truly was."
But in spite of all that, your suggestion is far more typical of the general mood from the many
people who have written to me over the last year or so, offering support and encouragement - as well
as the many very tangible gestures of help. I greatly appreciate all of them and thank you
personally and most sincerely for your input.

Kind regards

John M