[TR] Vehicle dollies

Michael Ferguson tr3a at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 16:07:58 MDT 2009

John, from your snet address, I assume you're in CT. You anywhere near
Wallingford? I have a set that look like Harbor Freight's steel
version ( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.tafItemnumber=32052
  ). Bought from a place called Metro Tool, a poor man's HF. :) Don't
remember what they cost, but I think it was less than HF's $70/pair,
albeit about 5 years ago. Four cast iron, ball bearing casters each. I
don't know the manufacturer's name, but I do know they aren't US
General. I use them for my TR3 and moving it by myself is a piece of
cake.

I don't know if Metro Tool still carries them or if they ship - or
even if they're still in business. I just tried to call them to ask,
but at 5:50PM on Sunday, I guess they're closed and no voice mail. For
all I know, their number has changed, but if you want to try, the
number I have is 800-886-6578. NFI whatsoever - I think the dollies
are the only things I've ever purchased from them.

Perhaps you could exchange your aluminum ones for the HF steel
(Central Machinery) version. Good luck!