[TR] TR4A Interior ?

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 16 16:04:39 MDT 2009

My experience with Non Standard Combinations.

I have written about this on a few occasions and John has always responded
with a similar response. In my case his response is borne out by my 1966
TR4A. I've owned it since 1969 with relatively low mileage. It's Royal Blue
with a Red Interior. I never thought anything of it over these 40 years
until recent conversations about color and interior combinations. I've only
ever seen 2 others and one of those was the wrong blue and a wine red
interior redone car. The other was a poor photo of a car in New Hampshire
that may well be in a scrap yard at this point. I hope the owner decided
otherwise. I have the Heritage Certificate which confirms the originallity
but no book mentions my particular color combination. Does anyone know of
another TR4A with this combination? Or for that matter does anyone else have
an original car with a non-standard color combination with documentation?
I'm sure there are a lot of cars that have been repainted with new interiors
in non-standard combinations but are they documented as original?

I'd be pleased to send a photo if anyone is interested. If you're not that's
OK too!

JVV