[TR] torn gasket replacement

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Apr 13 21:16:25 MDT 2009

I would just make another one.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of dorpaul
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 7:54 PM
To: list Triumph
Subject: [TR] torn gasket replacement

List,
I accidentily tore the paper gasket at the end of the steering shaft today.
This is the paper gasket on the TR3 that accompanies 7-8 other steel gaskets
of various thicknesses designed to regulate tension of the steering wheel
and
is located at the front side of the steering box.
    Maybe I should just order another one, but it seems like 'RTV black  or
Aviation Form-a-Gasket could be used.  What does this list say?

TIA, Paul Dorsey   60 TR3
http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs at autox.team.net