[TR] Dash instruction sheet.

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sat Apr 11 17:52:55 MDT 2009

Crabby.......it's been 10 years since I did mine so I'm working from memory
and 3 things stand out.

1. If you still have to drill the hinge holes for the glove box door, put
some masking tape on the wood where you have to drill or you can get a "star
crack" in the finish. Also start with a very small drill and step drill up
to the needed size. The finish is very thick and very hard.

2. Tighten the dash screws like you'd tighten a cylinder head.... A little
at a time and in a balanced pattern. Don't over tighten the screws as the
metal dash probably isn't perfectly flat and if you try to really get the
wood dash tight to it, you may bend it and crack the finish.

3. Around the glove box door opening, use thin wood wedges between the wood
and metal dash to get the door lined up when it's closed. I probably have
1/16" - 1/8" wood spacers lining it all up.

After 10 years mine looks as good as the day I installed it. Randy does
beautiful work.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection