[TR] TR3A for sale.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 9 23:04:31 MDT 2009

> Oh, and I think more than 408 of these were built! :-)

You might want to discuss that with Bill Piggott then, as that is the number
he gives  in Original Triumph for TR3As produced in 1961.

His justification for that number is a bit sketchy, as he gives the first
commission number in 1961 as TS82030 and the first number in 1962 as
TS82340; which looks like only 310 cars.  But he does mention that many cars
were finished out of sequence, so perhaps the difference is earlier cars
that required rework or something like that.

Of course, as we all know, being made in 1961 and being registered in 1961
are two different things.  No doubt the number of cars so registered was
noticeably higher.  But there is at least some justification for the 408
number.

Randall