[TR] Lucas Smoke Update

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 08:50:56 MDT 2009

Well, the problem appears to be solved.  The ignition warning light  slid
back out of the red plastic holder and shorted.  I have yet to  understand why I
drove the car for two days with the red light on taking it to  the
generator/alternator/starter guy, or why he failed to see there was a short,  but I have
replaced the cooked wire and rewound the wiring harness and all  behaves as it
is supposed to.  I don't get it.  A short is a short, is  it not?
I have started it and run the rpms up to 2000 and the light goes out and  the
cutout contacts close all the way down to about 1000.  Below 1000 the  red
light glows and when I shut it off the contact opens.
Auto Electrics  1
David              1
I hope this is not a best 2 out of 3 series.

Thanks to all for your input

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO