[TR] Lucas smoke

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 06:54:47 MDT 2009

Tony,
Thanks much.  The regulator is known to be connected exactly as it was  when
functioning properly for the last 1000 miles or so.  Digital pics and  Bentley
manual.
When the smoke cleared, so to speak, and I got the battery  disconnected, I
went to remove the warning light from the dash.  When I  reached underneath I
found the warning light was not in its socket, but hanging  loose.  If the
light shorted would that have caused the meltdown?   Remember, the white wire from
the warning light to ignition is in good  shape.
I am going to get a digital multimeter over here today and go through the
test process to see what I find.  Randall sent me a .pdf of the  procedure.
More to come.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO