[TR] Lucas smoke

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 5 20:17:56 MDT 2009

David,

I would suggest forming your own opinion, since you don't trust your
'expert'.  Here's a copy of the Lucas test instructions, which should
quickly lead you to a conclusion.  A digital voltmeter is an adequate
substitute for the "good quality moving coil voltmeter", if you keep in mind
that the DVM (or DMM) may give changing readings where a moving coil
voltmeter would average the fluctuating value.

I agree that a chattering cutout is most likely an indication of a bad
generator; but it could be other things as well (like a bad connection to
the generator).

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Lucas Generator and Control Box tests reduced.pdf]