[TR] Wrenches

Michael Moore mmoore8425 at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 10:41:21 MDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:

> At 11:23 AM 4/5/2009, you wrote:
>> I may well be wrong on Sears warranty of wrenches.  Their guarantee
>> was not honored on a craftsman hand tool recently.  I forget  what
>> it was,
>> and decided against giving them more business.  Your experience may
>> differ.
>
> As recently as last year, I took a Craftsman torque wrench
> manufactured in 1975 back to Sears and obtained a replacement,
> complete with smile and helpful attitude.  In 35 years of using
> Craftsman tools professionally, I've never been denied a replacement.
>
> I suspect that, for some reason, your case was an anomaly.

There is a lot of infoon Google about this. My impresssion is tha
some TA's (Tool Associates) are zealots. If the tool has any rust,
even though the socket is broken,
a warranty replacement is denied etc. It looks like its as bad as
medical insurance! (pre-existing condition etc.)
It also looks like if the TA decides the tool has been abused, they
won't replace it.
I googled
"Sears Craftsman Tools lifetime warranty". A lot of stuff I didn't
know.I doubt if I'll but sears any more.

Mike Moore