[TR] Wrenches

David Rogers roggez at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 4 17:10:59 MST 2009

	When I was living in DC in the mid-80s, I splurged and bought a whole
kit of Craftsman tools, both metric and imperial as we had gone metric
in 1975. Sears then gave a "Lifetime Guarantee" on all Craftsman
tools. I have use them for nearly 25 years without any trouble apart
from cracking one socket, when I think I overdid the torque.
	On one of my infrequent visits to the US, I took the broken socket
back about four years later and went to the local Sears in the Ala
Moana Centre in Honolulu. They exchanged the socket free of charge
without any fuss and in so doing confirmed my faith in the brand and
it's warranty. I know not whether the same applies today but I think
my set will see me out!
	Most of the cheap stuff we get in our market is like some have said,
it lasts a few years if you are lucky. I would agree that Snap-On is
one of the better brands but you have to pay for the quality.

Dave
Canberra,
Australia