[TR] Z-Stromberg Advance

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Apr 4 13:31:22 MST 2009

> What do people do with the GT6-3 Zenith Stromberg vacuum
> advance inlet, when the *cough* emission control systems are
> disabled and the timing is already advanced ~15 degrees?

If it's really an advance port, then I'd still hook it up.  Vacuum advance
helps improve fuel mileage.

> Should it be plugged, left open, or other?

If you're not going to use it, IMO you should plug it.  Otherwise you'll
have a vacuum leak that will mess up the mixture.  A retard port will leak
at idle, an advance port will leak off-idle.

Randall