[TR] Wrenches

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 07:53:38 MST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Cheatham <tcheat2002 at yahoo.com>

I like the SK ratchets (Snap On, too) but my favorites are Craftsman round head,
fine tooth ratchets. These aren't the ones you usually see in the stores, but
are available online. I've taken mine apart and applied a bit of Permatex engine
assembly lube to them. It really makes them operate smoothly.

==AM==
I'll second that recommendation! I've had my Craftsman 1/4" drive and 3/8" drive ratchets in that style
for almost 40 years now, and without any problems. My 1/2" ratchet of the same style was that old,
but it disappeared mysteriously when my kids were very young (I expect that I'll find it someday
buried under the pine tree where they used to play and dig). I replaced it with the same style, which
was when I discovered that they were now available only through the catalog and not usually in
the retail stores.

I've used them as hammers and have put 5' lengths of pipe over the end for leverage, and I've yet
to break one!

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us