[TR] TRF club...........Moss deals

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 30 06:07:18 MDT 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 22:23:12 Gary Nafziger wrote:
> I'm just curious about how people are shopping/buying during a frame off
> restoration.  Are people happhy with the TRF club deals where you pay to
> join and then get monthly coupons.  Also the Moss plan where if you
> initially spend around $1500 you get a percentage off from then on and are
> assigned a technical person from Moss as a consultant.
>
> any ideas?
>
> gary n..
Gary,

I currently am working on my 3rd body off frame. (72 TR6).

Since the project will take at least 3 to 4 years (at least), I look to the
winter sales for the best prices.

I have never used the TRF club since I get my parts in large bunches, not
something every month.

For this project I have made a spreadsheet with the part I need, TRF part #
and price, Moss part # and price, VB part # and price and other part and
price for those parts that the big 3 dont have available.

I scan Ebay, Craigslist and VTR's classifieds for those good deals that come
along during my free time.

I also use this list as well as the 6 pack list to ask around for
those "special" parts that dont seem to appear anywhere. Usually a member has
the part or knows where to go to get that part.

Bob