[TR] TR3A Front cowl letter placement

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 10:41:07 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: THOMAS FANSHER <tfansher at comcast.net>

I have a template for the letter placement for the front cowling on my
TR3,
BUT it's for the earlier 3's.  The post 60,000 models are DIFFERENT -
luckily
I didn't just drill the holes and then find out ;^)  -- very atypical of
me....
Anyone out there have the letters off the cowl and able to make a
template?

==AM==
Tom, I can't help, but (at risk of opening up another "late TR3A/TR3B
front apron" debate) I would suggest that this change from "ribbed" to
"smooth" letters is significantly later than TS60001 and future. For
what it's worth, I can vouch for (recently sold and now finally being
restored by a new owner) TS71909L, built 3/28/60, having its original
front apron with the wider "ribbed" letters. I suspect that the change
to the narrower "smooth" letters came well later than that.

Curious: how "late" is your car? and, to your knowledge, does it have
the original front apron?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>