[TR] Rear Brake Cylinder Installation

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Sep 28 07:34:03 MDT 2008

To the list,
I was just sitting here this morning drinking a cup of coffee, reading emails
from the list waiting for everyone else to get up. It just occured to me that
I have not installed my brake cylinders correctly! I know for a fact that the
cylinders do not slide back and forth in the slot on the backing plate! If I
had not asked you guys about this, months from now, as I sit there in my newly
restored car with the brakes squealing like a pig I would have no clue where
to start looking...
To make matters worse, The corrective action would have to be a major
disassembly once the car is running. RIght now, the chassis is sitting on saw
horses and very easy to work on.
Thanks again to all that helped out. I truely don't know what we would do
without this list! I will be sure to add this critical information to my
restoration web site.

I have to go watch the Bengals loose but will tackle this as soon as I get
back home.

Thanks again to everyone!

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A